Website Planning – Answer these questions
Everyone wants to have a successful website. What few people tend to do is define what a successful website is. If you want a good website, you can’t just put something up and hope something happens. You don’t go to the grocery store and randomly put things in your basket hoping you get what you need. Well, I hope you don’t.
Define what a successful website means to you.
Imagine your website in 5 years from now. Complete the sentence: I know my website works because…
When someone visits your website, what do you want them to do?
Now that you know what you want to happen on your website, jot down some things you can do there to make it happen.
- I want my visitors to call me
- Put phone number on ever page in prominent position.
- Tell them when they need to call me. (Give examples of why other people have called and what you did for them)
- I want my visitors to give me their contact information
- Do you have an easy form to fill out? Everyone hates required fields.
- Can you give them a reason to? Fill out my form and get a free report, 10% off next order…
- I want them to buy something
- Do you have good product descriptions?
- Are you connecting emotionally?
These are just a few ideas to get your brain flowing. Once you setup your website, start planning how you can make it successful!Sign up for your FREE website